AK-CRYL® CP-9 is an economical, polymeric, water based weather barrier, breather type mastic. CP-9 dries to a tough flexible film that protects thermal insulation from the ravages of weather by preventing water, rain, snow, sleet, spillage, wash water, etc., from entering into the system. In addition, CP-9 provides protection from mechanical damage created by external forces such as impact abrasion as well as the internal forces of thermal expansion, contraction, or vibration. Using CP-9 can also protect the insulation from chemical attack of acids, alkalis and solvents. CP-9 is fire resistant and U.V. stable.
- Colors: White Other colors available on special order
- Wet Weight: 11.4 lbs./U.S. gal. (1.37 kg/liter)
- Average Non-Volatile: 60% to 64% by volume (64% by weight)
- Service Temperature Range: -40°F to 180°F (-40°C to 83°C)
- Application Temperature Range: 40°F to 100°F (4°C to 38°C)
- Drying Time: Touch - 2-4 hours; Through - 24-36 hours (Drying time will vary depending upon film thickness, temperature and humidity)
- Coverage: 6 U.S. gal./100 sq. ft. (2.4 l/sq.m) (Varies with substrate and membrane.)
- Clean-up: Warm, soapy water (wet), xylol (dry)
- Water Vapor Permeance: ASTM E-96 Greater than 1.0 perms (Procedure B) at 1/16" film thickness.